THE LAKELAND WARRIOR ELITE RACING WEEKEND
5-6Th FEBRUARY 2022
Final details and Start List now available.
Watch this space for confirmed details! Covid / snow / acts-of-god - Check emails / website just before each race – details may change!
All o-cars will be stopped at the junction where the Hodge Close lane leaves the A593, 3km from the event, by a stern marshal in high-vis. Some non-full cars will be parked there, and the occupants transferred to fill the remaining non-full cars. To make this work:
1. people arriving in a non-full car should come prepared to hop straight into another car - ie bags ready packed.
2. if possible, make your own arrangements to rendezvous and car-share further away, eg Coniston or Ambleside.
3. drivers may be asked if they can do one or more shuttle runs up the lane, and then perhaps be shuttled themselves.
4. if you are happy to run / walk to the event, park in the Tilberthwaite car park at GR NY305011, 1.5km from the event by public footpath.
5. if you are cycling, park at NT car park SD321999, or laybys by Yew Tree Tarn or theres a cycle path from Coniston.
Not so tight, no shuffling or shuttling needed, but car sharing would make things easier